The Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists’ (O.S.R.T.) commitment to student professional growth and development is demonstrated through our Student Leadership Program. The O.S.R.T. Officers and Board of Directors strongly believe that students are the leaders of the future and the O.S.R.T. has a responsibility to help cultivate them.
The application must be submitted online by January 1 to be considered. Students selected for the O.S.R.T. Student Leadership Program serve for one full year – from April to April. This period of service helps to facilitate strong relationships, a fundamental understanding of organizational operations, enhanced leadership skills, and a commitment to continued service to the profession. Selected students will also attend the OSRT Leadership Academy to be held on March 14 and 15, 2020.
O.S.R.T. Student Leaders will be assigned a mentor who is either an officer or committee chairperson in an effort to offer opportunities to gain organizational and professional insight and provide a mechanism for valuable input on healthy policy issues, educational issues, and organizational operations that affect all medical imaging and radiologic science students and professionals in Ohio. The O.S.R.T. Executive Committee will review and rank all applicants using a scoring rubric. The Executive Committee will then appoint one student to serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors, as the position of Student Director, and no more than three students to serve as Student Interns.
Click the Read More+ link to review details and to access the online application-don't delay, apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as role model for all medical imaging/radiologic science students
- Serve as liaison between all medical imaging/radiologic science students and O.S.R.T.
- Encourage membership and participation in O.S.R.T. events and other professional organizations
- Keep informed of issues related to the profession and your assigned committee
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings, Board of Director meetings, Leadership Acadmey, Annual Meeting, and any other meetings/activities as directed by your mentor or an O.S.R.T. officer
- Respond in a timely manner to communication from the Student Director, your mentor, or an O.S.R.T. officer
- Work with the Student Director and Student Interns to plan, attend, and actively participate in the Student Open Forum at the Annual Meeting
- Contribute to O.S.R.T. publications as desired or directed by your mentor or an O.S.R.T. officer
- Orient and mentor subsequent student leaders
- Develop and enhance professional leadership skills
- Active involvement in shaping the future of your profession
- Establish a network with state professional leaders
- Provide input and feedback regarding student issues relevant to the profession and the O.S.R.T.
- Receive complimentary Annual Meeting registration and one night’s lodging, admission to the Francine Todd Memorial Honors Banquet at the Annual Meeting, and a shirt identifying you as an O.S.R.T. Student Leader
- Receive reimbursement for travel expenses associated with committee duties
Expenses for which the Student Leader is Responsible
- Transportation to the Annual Meeting and Board of Director meetings
- Some meals during the Annual Meeting
- Enrolled and in good standing in a medical imaging/radiologic science program
- Enrolled in medical imaging/radiologic science program technical core courses
- Ability to serve from April to April
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a Student Member of O.S.R.T. at the time of submitting the Student Leadership application. (NOT currently a student member of the O.S.R.T.? Click to join online before the deadline).
- The application must be submitted online by January 1 to be considered. When completing the personal statement do NOT use any identifiable information such as personal names; program, college, hospital, or university names; or any previous or current employer.
- The use of any identifiable information will result in the application not being considered. Proofread your personal statement prior to submission.
- Students and the Program Director will be notified of the student's acceptance status into the Leadership Program via email by January 31.
Application Check List
- O.S.R.T. student member
- Currently enrolled in medical imaging/radiologic science program
- Currently enrolled in medical imaging/radiologic science program technical core courses
- In good standing with the program
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Application completed and submitted by the January 1 deadline