Attention all future leaders! Yes, we are talking to you!
OSRT is pleased to offer the 2023 OSRT Leadership Academy that will take place on Friday, March 3 (online via Zoom) and Saturday, March 4, at OhioHealth Westerville Medical Campus in Westerville, Ohio.
The Leadership Academy is a two-day session (the ASRT has approved 13.5 Category A CE credits) for OSRT members that will acclimate participants to the ins and outs of volunteering and leadership in a professional non-profit organization. If you have been thinking about volunteering and becoming involved but maybe were overwhelmed with where to start, this is your perfect opportunity. Participants will receive some preparatory materials before the session to help them get ready for some great activities and discussions during the Academy. You will better understand volunteer board organizations with a specific emphasis on OSRT functions and operations. You will collaborate with colleagues and board members (past and present) to gain insight into professional volunteerism.
Leadership Academy Criteria
- OSRT members must submit the online application by February 15, 2023, along with a PDF file of their resume that includes OSRT and/or ASRT activities, e.g., committee participation, if applicable.
- The Academy is limited to no more than 15 OSRT members in an intimate session with individual attention.
- During the session, participants will be assigned to serve as a member of an existing OSRT committee and will work with that committee throughout the next year.
Leadership Academy Agenda
Friday, March 3, 2023 (Online via Zoom/Teams 9 AM – 4:30 PM)
- Welcome and Introductions/Executive Committee Introduction
- History of OSRT and OSRTERF
- Governance in a Nonprofit Organization
- Lunch Break
- Serving on a Volunteer Board of Directors
- Financial Analysis
- Recruitment, Membership, and Committee Structure
- Wrap-up @ 4:30 PM
Saturday, March 4, 2022 (In-person at the Westerville Medical Campus 10 AM – 4:30 PM)
- Leadership Styles
- Introduction to Strategic Planning
- Lunch break
- Development and Use of a SWOT Analysis
- Communication and Transparency
- Post-Test, Evaluation, and Debriefing @ 4:30 PM
Click Apply Now to complete the online application and upload your resume. Be sure to complete all fields. All applicants will be notified by February 20, 2023, through email, regarding acceptance to the program.