Rules in OAC Chapters 3701:1-37 and 3701:1-50 are being reviewed due to changes to federal regulations.
These rules contain the security requirements for possession radioactive material above certain quantities and requirements for transporting radioactive material:
- Rule 3701:1-37-08 amended to require that the oath or affirmation required for security review officials be provided to the Director.
- Rule 3701:1-37-10 amended to change mailing and website addresses for submittal of personnel fingerprint checks.
- Rule 3701:1-37-15 amended to ensure access to the list of individuals granted unescorted access to radioactive material is restricted to individuals with a need to know.
- Rule 3701:1-37-26 amended to change a U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission mailing address.
- Rule 3701:1-50-23 amended to delete a reference to a Federal Register publication of the list of governor designees.
The Appendix to rule 3701:1-50-25 was amended to correct the value for the specific activity of Samarium-147 (Sm-147).
Draft rules can be found here.
Office of General Counsel
Ohio Department of Health
246 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215