A draft copy of the Computed Tomography Curriculum containing proposed revisions is posted on the ASRT website for public review and comment. The proposed revisions to the curriculum include several changes:
- CT procedures have been updated to reflect current practice
- Terms related to conventional and spiral scanning modes have been updated
- Additional procedural considerations for pediatric patients have been added
- Radiation protection practices for CT patients have been updated
- Head and brain content within the Sectional Anatomy section has been reorganized
- Sectional Anatomy content has been removed from the Foundations section and appears only in the Core Content.