The student director will be assigned a mentor who is either an officer or committee chairperson. The mentor relationship offers opportunities for the student director to gain organizational and professional insights and provides a mechanism for valuable input on health policy issues, educational issues, and organizational operations that affect all medical imaging and radiologic science students and professionals in Ohio. Following the application deadline date of January 13, 2023, the board's executive committee reviews and ranks all applicants using a scoring rubric. The executive committee appoints the highest scoring applicant to serve as the student director, a voting member of the OSRT Board of Directors.
- Develop and enhance professional leadership skills
- Active involvement in shaping the future of your profession
- Establish a professional network with state leaders
- Provide input and feedback regarding student issues relevant to the profession and the O.S.R.T.
- Receive complimentary Annual Meeting registration, one night’s lodging, and admission to the Francine Todd Memorial Honors and Past President Reception at the Annual Meeting.
- Receive reimbursement for travel expenses associated with committee duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a role model for all medical imaging/radiologic science students.
- Serve as liaison between all medical imaging/radiologic science students and O.S.R.T.
- Encourage membership and participation in O.S.R.T. events and other professional organizations.
- Keep informed of issues related to the profession and your assigned committee.
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings, Board of Director meetings, Leadership Academy, Annual Meeting, and any other meetings/activities as directed by your mentor or an O.S.R.T. officer.
- Respond promptly to communication from your mentor or any O.S.R.T. officer.
- With the support of your mentor, work to plan, attend and actively lead in the Student Open Forum at the Annual Meeting.
- Contribute to O.S.R.T. publications as desired or directed by your mentor or an O.S.R.T. officer.
- Orient and mentor the next student director once your appointment expires.
Expenses for which the Student Leader is Responsible
- Transportation to the Annual Meeting and Board of Director meetings
- Some meals during the Annual Meeting
- Enrolled and in good standing as a first-year student in a medical imaging/radiologic science program.
- Enrolled in medical imaging/radiologic science program technical core courses.
- Ability to serve from April 2023 to October 2024.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Program Director recommendation letter via email submission to the O.S.R.T. Executive Secretary
- Must be a Student Member of O.S.R.T. when submitting the Student Director application. (NOT currently a student member of the O.S.R.T.? Join O.S.R.T. online before the deadline.
- The application must be submitted online by January 13 to be considered. When completing the personal statement, do NOT use identifiable information such as personal names, program, college, hospital, university names, or any previous or current employer.
- The use of any identifiable information will result in the application not being considered. Proofread your statement before submission.
- Be prepared--the application requires 3 narrative statements, each 200 words or less, about professionalism, your preparedness in meeting the expectations, and issues students in Ohio currently face.
- The applying student must ask their Program Director to email a recommendation supporting the student being an O.S.R.T. Student Director.
- The words “Student Director Position” should be in the subject heading.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the Program Director sent the email.
- If the email recommendation is not received or is received after the deadline date, the student’s application will not be considered.
- The student and the Program Director will be notified of the student's acceptance status via email by January 31.
Application Check List
- O.S.R.T. student member
- Currently enrolled in medical imaging/radiologic science program and enrolled in technical core courses
- In good standing with the program
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Application completed and submitted by the January 13 deadline
- Program Director recommendation emailed to O.S.R.T. Executive Secretary by January 13.
Don't Delay-Apply Today!