Students are welcome and encouraged to join and participate as a member of OSRT. As a professional society, OSRT is a great resource for learning opportunities, networking, and career growth. OSRT seeks to advance the interests of the profession and its members by advocating and advancing professional practice to enhance the quality of patient care. It is not what OSRT can do for you, it is what you can do for OSRT! Your membership helps support the mission of the society.
- Discounted membership fees for the duration of your active student status in your radiologic sciences program,
- Receive reduced registration fees for the OSRT Quiz Bowl, Annual Meeting and special workshops,
- Networking with fellow professionals across Ohio and the tristate area,
- Eligible to apply for the student leadership development program,
- Participate in OSRT's volunteer program,
- Apply to win an educational grant,
- Compete in the annual scientific essay and poster competitions,
- Receive electronic notification and access to Cardinal Rays, OSRT's bimonthly newsletter,
- Access news regarding Ohio and national legislative activity,
- Open an account with Fifth Third Bank and receive a Visa/Master Card with no annual fee, no charge for purchasing traveler's checks, no charge for notary services, and a debit card with no annual fee
- Earn a 20% discount on OSRT’s event registration fees offered to active and honorably discharged
- military members and active duty spouses. Click for more details: Military Discount for OSRT Members
- Promote OSRT as your State professional organization in support of achieving its vision and mission.
The ASRT Student Leadership Development Program (SLDP) offers students a chance to get to know the ASRT, attend educational sessions, and network with medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals. Selected participants will attend the ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting, After attending the ASRT SLPD, participants are encouraged to become involved with the OSRT.
Selected participants receive:
- Airfare, housing and a stipend for meals and other travel expenses.
- An educational program designed just for students.
- An insider's look into the world's largest association for medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals.
- Expanded opportunities for professional growth.
- Three years of continuing SLDP opportunities.
See details and apply now! The deadline to submit an application is November 11, 2022. Applicants will be notified by December 15. Program begins January 1.